Thursday 1 April 2010

WATCHING : Lost - Ab Aeterno






*SPOILERS AHEAD*


Amazing.Brilliant.Magnificent.

I can go on coming up with adjectives to write, but the truth is, words can't really describe episode 9 of Lost's last season, one of the most anticipated episodes of the series.
I'll begin by saying that Richard(along with Ben)is my favourite character since the first time he appeared on screen. So I really don't care about being objective, since I can't think of a single person who didn't like Ab Aeterno.
I don't know what to say, or where to begin on commenting on what I saw.There's not much to say, actually.So, I'll just say what I liked and didn't like about the episode :

DIDN'T LIKE : The last scene with Richard and his wife.I felt like emotions were a bit forced, even though the whole scene was wonderfully played by Carbonell.

LIKED : Epic scenes with horses, heavy rain, ships caught in storm, all happening in 1867.

No "present time island" which was fine by me, as there was no distractions from Richard's story.

Beautifully directed!!

Carbonell's acting was amazing throughout the whole episode.

We got to see Titus Welliver again, which is always a plus.

1/2 of the episode was in spanish which I absolutely adore!I am not fluent yet,but I try!

HUGE revelation : the island's purpose of existence, which finally gave an end to all the speculation(no, I don't think it is Hell, come on!)So, we're basically left with one final question : who are these guys(Jacob and MIB) and what's going on between them?When this is answered,personally,I'm covered.OK, maybe I'd like to see Desmond one more time, because I still believe that he will play a major role in all this.

When I went to bed and started thinking about the episode, I wondered if maybe I overestimated it, unjustly comparing it with the previous episodes of the season.15 seconds later, I realised that this is not the case.It was, without question, one of the best -we're talking top 5-best- episodes of the series.Period.

*not much of a review I know, but I have the flu, my use of the english language has deteriorated dramatically, and the episode was so good, that I am literally at a loss for words!*

No comments:

Post a Comment