Thursday 1 April 2010

WATCHING : Skins Season 4


*SPOILERS AHEAD*

This season, I felt, was a bit lacking.In what, I still can't figure out.Maybe it wasn't as honest as the previous seasons.It felt kind of exaggerated at times, especially Effy's story.She didn't have 5 lines the whole season, and suddenly we find out that she has gotten completely mad and she wants to off herself, because apparently her love for Freddie drove her insane.I liked her episode,though-the penultimate episode of the season.That I could believe, but everything else that led to that, not so much.Another thing I couldn't believe is that Freddie got murdered.I was shocked!It's kind of a pattern, really.First Chris and now Freddie?But was it really necessary?And if it was, why not show everybody's reaction to the death of their best friend, brother, lover?That would have been amazing.Just one more episode.I don't know if "Skins" will return next year, or if there will be a re-cast(most possible.Freddie's sister Karen, maybe?) but I would be extremely disappointed if they didn't show the group's reaction to Freddie(and maybe Cook's) death in some way.
Best episodes : Katie, Cook, JJ, Effy.

No comments:

Post a Comment