Sunday 16 May 2010

WATCHING : Lost - Across The Sea



*SPOILERS AHEAD*


Huh?

I really, really, really don't know what to say about this episode.I'm at a loss for words.Which, under any other circumstances it'd be awesome, but now, not so much.
This is not actually a review, since I find it extremely difficult to review this episode.All I know is that I thought it was perfect and unbearably frustrating at the same time.Yeah, I know.Weird.At first glance, Across The Sea had it all, the acting, the direction, the atmosphere, everything was there.However, it was flawed.Way flawed.Maybe because this episode was advertised as an "exposition" one , and answers was the one thing we didn't get.Questions?Yeah, plenty of those!Will they ever be answered? No.Is it ridiculous and annoying?Absolutely.
You know, all I wanted was to find out who these guys are and what is their connection to the island and I was good to go.No more questions, everything answered.Well, not exactly, but it'd be good enough for me.Why did they have to complicate things even more?I'm not even gonna start with the questions, it'd take me all day!Maybe I'm dumb, and everything is so obvious and apparent and only I can't see it.Maybe there was an explanation given and I didn't like it.Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.But, while there is a strong possibility of all of the above happening, sure thing is that L&C had a whole season to start filling holes they themselves dug deeper and deeper and deeper all these years, and they didn't do it.It feels like they're just putting a blanket above each hole and saying "Well...here you go".For me, after watching and being a huge fan of Lost for 6 years, this is not acceptable.

*Why not make all the episodes like Ab Aeterno? Simple, explanatory and amazing. Pfff!

No comments:

Post a Comment