Thursday 20 May 2010

WATCHING : Lost - What They Died For



*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Boy, do I not like the way this is headed!
It saddens me to feel this way, believe me.To not have a good thing to say about a Lost episode, is unbelievable.I never thought this day would ever come.But I just can't pretend I like it, I'm sorry.After the last episode, the spark is not there any more, I feel.Though, I have to admit I take some things I said about the last episode back, after a long talk with friends and a lot of explaining of what is going on.But was it really explaining or just speculating?I still don't know.I feel, and I will try to put this in the nicest way possible, that the writers took the cowardly way out, by giving us episodes like the last two.It's like they added so many unexplained and unanswerable stuff and they kept adding and adding, only to wash their hands in they end and say "Well, none of that will be answered, not really, but we're leaving it up to you to interpret them in any way you want".Well, that sucks for me.Maybe that's their explanation, that their isn't one.They didn't want to restrict the viewer, confide him in one and only one way of thinking.That may look good on paper, but I don't think it actually is.I'm of course looking forward to the finale because I believe hope is not lost(no pun intended!).After the finale I will have a more clear view of the whole series.And I am certainly not condemning Lost, being one of my favourite series ever.But I have a strong feeling that the aftertaste will be bitter as hell.

1 comment:

  1. I know! It's been a disappointing last season! They're just killing off everyone and giving very vague answers! But I'm still hoping for a good ending. And this will always be the best show on tv!!

    ReplyDelete